Thursday, August 20, 2009

A million times I said, A hundred times he heard.


He broke me with an embrace,


Doubting me and my self!


A million times I said,


A hundred times he heard.


I wanted him to listen,


He wanted to speak.


True love breeds no distrust,


I wanted him to know.


He said he knows it all


And gave me away with a shrug!


I snivelled, I trembled, I tried.


But the damage had been done,


By someone out of sight!


“Where did I go wrong?”


I tried to make sense of it all.


“I can effortlessly prove”


And then he killed me down.


A love that does not listen…?


My heart yelled aloud.


The voices in his head


Were stronger than anything around…


A love without trust makes no sense at all


He said it again and I heard,


And agreed with his sound…


I wanted him to see,


In the eyes that gave solace to him


But he chose to stay far.


So that he could not see!


‘This is it! It’s over…”


He blurted with strength and ease!


I was numb and drained,


It’s over, it’s over for him!


So what happens to everything…


That dwelled between us?


A love that is boundless, a love that is true…!


No, I don’t get to choose.


He says he’ll think of it!


Think of love?


Close your eyes and feel.


An island I live on now,


Surrounded by the dreams we had seen.


Where do I go from here?


How did he escape from here?


Numbness dwells with me.


I wait to see the void.

No comments: